Date: May 11, 2018
Company: Café Xpresso
Title: Baker/Kitchen Assistant
Location: Newtown, CT
The Baker/Kitchen Assistant serves under Café Xpresso’s chef. This person will prepare everything from breakfast items and sandwiches to soups and salads, breads and baked goods and desserts. They will also help train subordinate cooks as requested; assist in expediting orders; work with the chef develop and test new recipes; and run the kitchen in the chef’s absence.
Job Duties of Kitchen Assistant:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Clean and prepare cooking station: ensuring that all items are appropriately cleaned and ready for use before and after each shift; keeping the station in working order and fully stocked.
- Food preparation: preparing items prior to a meal service, such as cleaning produce, chopping vegetables or slicing meat.
- Maintain sanitation standards: ensuring that the kitchen meets sanitation standards as set by the Chef and local regulatory bodies.
- Kitchen set up: preparing stations before the start of each service and making sure that all the supplies that will be needed for the day are available and ready for use.
- Cooking during meal service: Preparing the items requested from the kitchen. This requires working with other cooks in the kitchen to make sure that food is ready at the right time, in the right order so that it arrives for customer delivery ready to eat and at the right temperature.
- Clean up at the end of service: cleaning his or her station and may be asked to help other cooks clean up their stations. This means disposing of garbage, cleaning utensils, pots, and pans, and cleaning cooking surfaces.
- Stocking: Unloading delivery hand trucks and store inventory correctly. This can mean stocking pantries, refrigerators and freezers, or simply inventorying.
- Creating new recipes: helping the Chef create and test new recipes.
- Recording supply use: keep track of what supplies they use to aid in re-ordering supplies as necessary.
- Coffee service: Must be familiar with Café Xpresso’s coffee brewing and drink recipes and may occasionally be asked to work coffee service.
- POS: must use the POS system and its inventory control module as directed.
Candidate must exhibit the following:
- Exhibits strong organizational skills
- Works very effectively as part of a team
- Recognizes when help is needed and is willing to ask for help
- Makes food to quality and portion specifications
- Provides great customer service
- Arrives to work on time
- Is fun to work with
Successful candidates will have the following personal characteristics:
- Feels passionate about cooking and giving great service to guests
- Enjoys working at a fast pace
- Takes pride in being consistent
- Loves to learn and takes direction with a smile
- Enjoys a challenge and creating something new
At least 6 months professional baking/cooking experience
For more information and to apply, contact Marie at 203-304-9955 or firstname.lastname@example.org.